10 January 2016

random sketching

Sometimes there is some specific subject I simply have to try to draw . . . . and other times I just draw what is in front of me.

Here, I drew myself drawing my sketchbook, skirt, and boot before church this morning. Then added a few notes.








Last night there was nothing interesting to watch on television (there seldom is), and I wasn't quite ready to settle down to reading. So I drew this bookshelf.

Bill made it around 48 years ago during his sophomore year of high school. And it is still the sturdiest bookcase we own.

The rose is freshly cut from outside --- think of that! Roses in January! The old-fashioned smell fills our tiny cabin. The wee Scottie is a leftover decoration from Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...