25 January 2018

a bit more whimsy


I no longer collect bears, I’ve never collected Boyd’s treasure boxes, and I don’t collect ceramic boxes. But when I saw this wee mouse house years ago, I had to buy it. Just because.

The larger bear was a souvenir from the Hays House, a restaurant in Council Grove, KS that has been continuously run since covered wagons came through town, which was at that time the edge of civilization (the Last Chance General Store is a bit west of the restaurant).

The wee ceramic bear came from Scotland, a leftover from when I used to collect and sew vintage-style teddy bears. The itty-bitty mouse reading the newspaper came inside the house.

And just how do you spell “whimsy” anyway? My dictionary app says with an “e” but spell-check says no “e”.

4 comments:

  1. So cute and "whimsical." 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Whimsical” works!
      (I think a part of me will never grow up, but always find a bit of magic in wee toys such as these.)

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's a MOUSE. I thought it was a wee bear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a bear as well . . . until I found his wee long tail wrapped around his body!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...