16 December 2015

revisiting two drawing pens


Recently I was playing with three different brand of brush pens -- fountain pens with brush bristles in place of a metal nib. While I was doing so, I cleaned up my regularly used Lamy fountain pens. Then, instead of refilling them, I dug out a couple of other brand pens I hadn't used for quite awhile.

The first one is a Hero M86 Chinese Calligraphy pen with a curious bent nib. Holding it in a normal way gives a bold line; tipping it up gives a much finer, controlled line. I do not know calligraphy but this pen gives a good variety of line width. Takes some getting used to. (I got a bit carried away with lines on the leaves -- wish I had quit earlier.)

The pen on the second page is a Noodler's Konrad Flex fountain pen. Holds more ink than their Creaper model and not as cumbersome as their Ahab pen. I LOVE this pen! Great line variation and much easier to handle than the Hero.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely page, and it is large after clicking on it! Thanks for sharing in this way! Love seeing it in detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found a new battery for my camera! Using my iPad is quicker but using my camera allows the pages to be clicked to a larger size --- wish I knew why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been playing with my Konrads again, too!

    NICE pens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten how responsive my Konrad has become with usage. Great little pen!

      Delete
  4. Your poinsettia is gorgeous, Vicky! I love that I could enlarge it and get a good look at it! Glad you found a new battery for your camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy how hard it is to find a battery for a popular camera that is still sold everywhere!

      And weird that pictures taken with Apple products can't be enlarged in Blogger, even though they upload larger. I don't understand . . .

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...