03 October 2015

knitting a cuppa tea


Since our daughter gave me a new glass teapot with it's own infuser, I have doubled my tea consumption in the morning -- usually Earl Grey Green. I used to brew one large mug; now I drink two.

That second mug of tea cools as I enjoy the first so I am now knitting a cozy for the pot from leftover bits of wool. After knitting, it will be felted (shrunk) in the washing machine. I chose a simple half-moon shape without holes for spout and handle -- this way it fits my vintage Staffordshire pot as well.

I had lightly penciled in lines for text. Then forgot to let the ink dry before erasing the pencil. I think smudges must be my trademark, whether they be ink or paint.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you rendered your yarn and the fabric of your knitting bag. I also love felted wool and would love to try it, but, alas, I am not a knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably don't hold my needles correctly, having taught myself to knit as a kid. But things usually turn out okay. The knitting bag is also knitted then felted, making a very sturdy cloth. I've used it for sketch crawls sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...