24 December 2014

teatime


So many online sketchers have drawn lovely tea cup & saucers, especially after taking classes with Liz Steel. But I don't own any real tea cups with saucers, preferring to drink my tea from large mugs.

Unless you count the tiny tea set pieces left from Bill's grandmother's childhood set. I have several mismatched pieces that will be passed on to our granddaughters.

For years I have steeped tea leaves with the diffuser drawn on the upper right, balancing the little handle on the edge of my mug. But the handle broke off and tea leaves get loose in the mug. So Bill found this new diffuser for me --- Oversized to allow leaves to expand and it dimly clips onto the side of any mug. An added bonus: the attached handle forms a drip-tray so I can set it down anywhere without making a mess.

2 comments:

  1. I also prefer big mugs, but we have formal tea time a few times a week with the nice stuff. I like teacups because they are so beautiful and delicate, but they don't hold the heat in long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mugs do hold heat better . . . . and they hold more volume!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...