23 August 2012

Wednesday evening's class

I arrived before anyone else at City Arts, so I started to sketch the view from the window. For this session's pen & ink class, they moved John from his regular classroom on second floor to this one on third floor. It is normally used for stained glass art.

As the students finished up on their various projects, I had planned on drawing a lot more here . . . . but John had some books to show me. One was an antique Brothers Grimm book with illustrations by Arthur Rackham -- gorgeous ink and wash work!

I taught about keeping sketchbook journals in the second half of the class. The students were amazing! So generous and eager to learn new ways of using their talents. Great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...