31 January 2011

last page of journal

I sketched this mug of tea before church started yesterday . . . . this time using a 'black grape' colored pencil. Non-erasable like ink, it makes adding a few shadows so easy and it does not smudge when I'm adding a few sermon notes.

This finishes up sketches in the Visual Journal. I'll probably just stick to my little ink-only sketchbook for a few weeks before starting another watercolor journal.

I have one hand-bound and ready, but I'd like to embellish the cover a bit first. Currently it's a very plain gray paper with a neutral bookcloth spine.

Maybe I should add some kind of protective finish as well. Journals covered in plain scrapbook paper seem to wear out too fast. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...