11 August 2010

theft-proof herb garden?

The flowers my renter planted in our window boxes are lovely, especially the dahlias . . . . but maybe I could grow my herbs here instead? The boxes are way too high to reach from outside, preventing theft. Extreme heat and sun might be a problem, but it's an idea worth exploring.

I would need extra parsley and dill for the swallowtail caterpillars that love to munch on my plants. And dill would need to be reseeded often; I harvest it for the dill weed, not seed. Oregano and thyme are perennials but no plant can survive winter in these boxes; I'd need to grow them as annuals.

For those not knowing of my problem with thieves, scroll down a couple of postings in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...