31 August 2010

studio palette

I often use my sketchbook to work out changes in palettes. Recently, I went through every tube of paint I own . . .

There were many colors I loved but never used because the paint just wasn't easy to work with. Some were shiny when dry. Some were thick and gloppy no matter how much water was added, making them hard to "flow". Some became muddy in mixes way too easily. And there were some iridescent pigments purchased for one project and never used again.

So I weeded out every pigment that didn't work for me, to either give away or throw away. Those in the uppermost photo are what is left . . . my personal favorites.

Some of these have a small star next to the name; these I will use until they are used up, but they will not be repurchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...