24 January 2019

a leftover palette


When I have no real inspiration for sketching, there’s always a palette or fountain pen laying around.

I had this business card case tucked away in my art supply chest . . . . I added self-stick business card magnets to both inside surfaces and began looking through leftover pans of paint. These metal pans from ExpeditionaryArt were already filled with watercolor but being unused at the moment, so I added them to the case, along with 3 empty pans for mixing. I’d rather have one empty square pan along with the longer rectangle but I’ve run out of the square pans, so 2 smaller rectangles it is.

The watercolors are a cool and a warm of the primaries and green, 4 neutrals, plus I added a pan of white gouache just because I had it. All watercolors are from Daniel Smith except for Prussian blue from Cheap Joe’s American Journey. The gouache is from M. Graham.

quinacridone rose & perylene scarlet
hansa yellow medium & quinacridone gold
jadeite genuine & serpentine genuine
Prussian blue & ultramarine blue
goethite, burnt sienna, & raw umber
mixed gray (ultramarine + burnt umber)
titanium white gouache

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...