04 January 2017

pray for the peace of Jerusalem


A couple of weeks ago I jotted down Bible verses from our pastor's sermon . . . then took awhile deciding just what image should illustrate this 2-page spread in my journal. Today I decided to keep it simple, with a brass Hanukkah menorah. Those nations who stand with God's ancient people will prosper, because it is He who has returned them to the promised land.

For the subtle candle color, I tried Liz Steel's new soft gray mix. She stirs up cerulean blue chromium, monte amiata natural sienna, and a touch of quin. rose from tubes directly in a watercolor pan using a toothpick. The result: a lovely soft gray for shading whites! I was out of cerulean chromium so I used regular cerulean and the results are pretty close to hers.

2 comments:

  1. Love your art and I will also be joining you in praying for peace. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...