07 May 2024

waiting to be toasted


The weird low-fiber diet I’ve been on for three months is lacking so many good things, but at least I can enjoy cinnamon toast! I keep the bread in the freezer, breaking off a couple of slices to toast whenever I want some.

I combined my limited palette based on 19th century watercolors and what I call my “Texas gulf coast, prairies, and piney woods palette” in the same Folio palette, separated by plenty of mixing spaces.

🎉🎊🥳 After sketching this I had a virtual follow-up visit with my doctor — he took me off the silly fiber-free diet and now I am free to eat anything! Woo-hoo! Bring on the fruits and veggies! 🥕🥬🫛🥒🍅

(Drawn in continuous contour line with a Kaweco Supra fountain pen.)



2 comments:

  1. So glad you are free to eat good food again!
    Hang in there!

    Fay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real food choices are amazing after a time of limitations! Even at this stage of my recovery there are challenges as my body figures it all out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...