17 May 2024

Jayna . . . and Maxwell



Today our granddaughter Jayna graduates from high school and I painted this card for her. When she was a baby, I adopted a wheaten Scottish terrier named Maxwell from a Scottie rescue group in Missouri.

When their mom returned to work after Jayna’s brother Josiah was born, Maxwell went with me as I served as “granny nanny” for a few weeks. Jayna, who had always shared a special bond with him, asked me “Grandma, when you go home can Maxwell stay and be my dog?”

I had been warned she might ask. And Maxwell had a special need for children in his life, having been rescued from a puppy mill where children had been the only human contact he had experienced. So I said yes.

Maxwell is now gone and Jayna will soon be heading off to attend college. But he is still a big part of her heart so I drew him on the card.



Jayna with her mom, Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...