12 May 2024

for Mom

When I painted a birthday card for my brother a few weeks ago, I also painted this card to send to my mom. I saw something similar when shopping online and I loved the use of metallic lines over the leaves, but it was a birthday card. So I made one myself but changed the greeting for Mother’s Day.

It’s getting harder and harder to find good cards to send to those we love. Either they are cheap and boring, or so-called “humor” of an offensive nature. I keep a box of Strathmore watercolor card blanks on the shelf — maybe I’ll be painting my own more often.

I love you, Mom❣️

6 comments:

  1. Vicky - this is a beautiful card. I am sure your Mom would much rather receive one you painted than a store bought. Hope you had a lovely Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. Hope your Mother’s Day was lovely as well!

      Delete
  2. When it comes from the heart and is made with love, it means so much more

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I’m sure your mom loved it.
    Fay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...