01 September 2022

speaking piffle


When I purchased those Dorothy Sayers Mysteries DVDs earlier this year, it was decided that we would save them to take on our next camping trip (set for the end of September). But that sprained knee of mine turned out to be a partially dislocated kneecap — it popped back into place on its own but it needs to be kept elevated, iced, and wrapped with a compression bandage.

So I went ahead and watched the videos. And practiced sketching faces. These don’t in any way look like Edward Petherbridge or Harriet Walter, but it gave me an excuse to jot down a few quotes. My favorite is Harriet’s reply to Peter after one of his many marriage proposals to her: “If anyone ever marries you, it will be for the pleasure of hearing you talk piffle!”


This is also the end of my Seawhite Travel Journal, begun in January. Here are the inside front and back pages where I tend to gather quotes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...