18 September 2022

something new

Our grandson Quen had a busy summer traveling (as did his parents). While waiting at a German airport on the way to Israel, he saw this cream colored Lamy Safari fountain pen and asked if he could buy it for me. I usually match ink color to pen but this time I’m trying something different. 

I bought 4 samples of “shimmering” inks from Goulet Pens, more for the color-changing when writing text than for any metallic shine. My first try was using Lamy calligraphy nibs, both 1.1 and 1.5 — at first, I thought they didn’t like the textured paper of my Etchr sketchbook but now I think the particles in the ink clog the nibs too much. (The particles in the ink require pen nibs to be cleaned and flushed more often.) There is some shiny copper in the writing on the left page but not as much as when I switched to a regular “M” nib. The ink on the right page had no effects at all, no matter which nib was used.

BTW, photos do not capture the metallic bits of color but they are there in person. 

The ink on the left page is De Atramentis Cyan-Blue Copper. It’s nice but I’d really like to find some of their Cyan-Blue Bronze instead without having to pay over $20 from the UK. I have two more samples to try later on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...