26 August 2022

a spot of tea


This is the only real tea cup & saucer I own, a 45th wedding anniversary gift from our Bed & Breakfast hostess. I usually drink tea from large mugs.

But I am a bit particular regarding loose-leaf vs tea bags, as well as brand. I prefer loose-leaf and Taylor’s of Harrogate from Yorkshire, England is fabulous! The teas sketched are Yorkshire Gold (black tea blend), Taylor’s Earl Grey, Taylor’s Imperial Gunpowder (green tea), Republic of Tea Double Dark Chocolate (yerba mate tea), Justea Purple Chocolate (purple tea), and some leftover mint and lemon tea bags.


I started with an ink sketch, then added shadows using a 25% / 75% watered down ink in a waterbrush — Noodler’s Lexington Gray ink.


I got this far, then thought something was missing. So I added a vignette touch of our gray stone tile countertop. Then thought I’d better stop messing with it.

2 comments:

  1. Love this. I live in Harrogate where this tea comes from. Taylors is part of the famous Betty’s Tea Shop + Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I would love to visit your area! I was told about Taylors by artist Liz Steel from Australia. She once made a stopover in Kansas City where we spent time sketching, and was eventually heading for the UK with a stopover to see the home her favorite tea brand.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...