29 January 2021

treasures in the mail

 

With all the activity of looking at properties, selling our cabin, Bill’s cat bite, Covid-19 interrupting everyone’s lives, building our new barn home, and Bill’s neck surgery . . . my Etsy shop has slidden into the background. I’ve often thought that I need to create some new sketches to sell but lacked the energy or time to do it.

Yet I continue to get “favorite!” notices __ one small bluebonnet sketch alone had 15 interested shoppers! And recently I sold 4 original sketches, all within one week. My shop does not bring me any real income; I only make enough to pay for my art supplies and that’s fine with me.

A recent purchase from Etsy proceeds are these 3 new sketchbooks. I love to bind my own and I have papers set aside for new ones, but I also like to try various brands of sketchbooks that others are using. The Seawhite Travel Journals and Khadi Paper watercolor sketchbooks were recommended by John Harrison — his website, Drawn in Yorkshire, can be found HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...