10 January 2021

hangin’ on the vine

 


Years ago I was commissioned by a small church to do some sketches to be used as backgrounds for an overhead projector. Placed over these images were prayer prompts that would be up during a noon voluntary time of prayer. I recently came across four of these original images that I particularly liked. Especially the grapes.

The very first thing I ever tried to paint in watercolor was a bunch of grapes (a sketch that was never even finished because I niggled it too much!) in an informal group of friends in Wichita, Kansas. We called ourselves the Riverside Watercolor Society.

“I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing.”   John 15:5, The Message




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...