18 January 2021

recent random sketches

Lately it seems that I am always distracted when it comes to sketching in my journal. I might find time here and there to jot down a quote or even draw a few lines, but I never seem to do a complete sketch from start to finish. (😂 I just realized that I forgot to add the white “CRAFTSMAN” letters to the red drill. I meant to!)

So here are several random bits thrown together, influenced by the Danny Gregory quote on the upper section of the first page.

The room drawn on the right side is my Library / Office / Studio / Laundryroom / sometimes Grandkid Zone. A very little room with a lot going on in it. 



The top row of the bookshelf is almost filled with my sketchbooks, which I have been keeping since 2007. The baskets on the lower 2 shelves are full of Legos, stuffed toys, art supplies for grandkids and games. That big wooden antique toolbox holds my paints, pencils, pens, and extra palettes. Bill built me that taboret next to my art table — I forgot to draw the wheels on it that allow me to roll it to wherever it serves the best purpose. The other side is built-in shelves with an edge lip to keep stuff from flying off. He also made me that table easel in front of the west window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...