20 January 2021

a clever horse bench

 

We sometimes like going to the little nearby community of Field Store (or Fields Store according to some signs) to eat at Gabby’s Grill. Next door there is a small Mexican convenience story with the coolest carved bench outside! Both ends have horse heads; at one end it seems to rise right out of the tree trunk while the other end is squared off.


An artist friend in Austin, Lisa Spangler, gave me this cool Texas template that her husband made, to add the location to any sketches made while exploring our new home state. (Thanks, Lisa❣️)

With COVID-19 keeping us a bit more isolated these days, it will be used close to home for now — but someday we hope to see more of this beautiful place we call home!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vicky! Have been admiring your sketches and will follow you on IG. Regarding the Texas template your friend made....do you think he would be interested in making them of another state? If so, please give me contact info. I would LOVE to have one of these as I am new to my state of NC and this is a fabulous idea!
    Thanks,
    Melissa S.
    Cary, NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry, but I don’t think that’s possible.
      Lisa and I are friends on Instagram; we have never met in person. Her husband made these as a “one off” gift for her, and she shared the extras with other Texas sketchers. He probably isn’t wanting to make them to sell.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...