04 June 2020

taking a break from sewing


I’ve been sewing pillow covers for our old couch pillows this week — replacing the plaids I had at our log cabin with southwestern patterns in turquoise and brown. I found the fabric on Amazon during the time fabric and craft stores were still closed due to COVID-19. (Who knew you could even buy fabric by the yard there?) 

Along with a couple of yards of fabric, I found a placemat in the same general colors and similar pattern. I thought it would make an additional pillow with an added bit of backing fabric. But that piece of fabric has not yet been laundered (to remove sizing and shrink if needed) so I took time to draw the pattern in my sketchbook. Directly in pen without pencil guidelines or ruler. A bit on the wonky side but it was a fun diversion.

2 comments:

  1. Proof that there is always something to sketch. Nice work too Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Any thing at all is a likely subject.

      This one was good practice for drawing directly in ink, no pencil guidelines. Being such a precise geometric pattern would typically have me reaching for a ruler but I resisted!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...