08 June 2020

Maxwell and Ceilidh


On 3 June I posted a sketch of my iron Scotties; recently I found this photo of two of my live ones, taken in 2011. Maxwell (the wheaten) died of cancer a few years ago; Ceilidh is now living with our youngest son, Jeff, in Cincinnati. She always loved him the most and went to keep him company during his college years.


Scotties tend to choose their own “most important person”. My closest bond to a Scot was with my first, Fiona, shown above. We had a “house rabbit” named Thingamajig at the time I adopted her — people were surprised to hear that the lop-eared Jiggs and a dog could co-exist as friends but they did. Jiggs ruled when Fiona was a puppy and when he got old, she protected him.

For Maxwell, a puppy mill rescue, the most important person was our granddaughter Jayna. Eventually he moved to Texas to be her dog. And Ceilidh latched on to Jeff during a time that Jeff was going through depression. She has remained his best friend through college graduation and a move to Ohio for employment.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...