20 June 2020

Grandma’s tools


Lately my hands have been itching to do some knitting or crocheting. I found this great online site, Hobbii, that offers free patterns I’ve been browsing through. After selecting a pattern and ordering some yarn, I went to my grandmother’s cedar chest where I store sewing and knitting supplies.

And came across these antique tools that once belonged to Bill’s grandmother. They are old enough, they might have been passed down from her mother or grandmother. Some are carved of bone while others might be ivory; all are very tiny for producing fine doilies and lace.

I used to work this tiny, producing things like beaded necklaces from the Flapper era. My eyes just aren’t happy with such tiny work anymore but I love handling these tools that generations before me have used.

A crocheted beaded necklace, c. 1920

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes there is something wonderful in handling the tools that someone else before us used. Hope you are having a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debbie! Have a blessed day yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...