30 April 2020

wee bits


Yesterday I finally began sketching in this tiny ZigZag sketchbook from Hahnemuhle. It’s kept inside my bag for those times I’m waiting for Bill at the doctor’s or when he picks up supplies for building our barndo. In these days of social distancing, one of us stays in the car or truck while the other runs the errands.

I’m calling this my “wee bits” sketch kit: the ZigZag (only 2” square), a Demi Pallet set up in a smaller version of my primaries + green + neutral palette, a tiny mechanical pencil, my Kaweco Liliput fountain pen, and a mini waterbrush. Not yet sure what type of sketches I’ll fill this book with but it’s definitely small enough to keep me from niggling the details!

And speaking of wee bits . . . . Our granddaughter Mikala “caught” a calf at this year’s Texas Rodeo Calf Scramble. The Rodeo closed early due to COVID-19 before she could participate, but the commercial backers took the names of the kids who missed their chance and drew winners. She won a $1750 certificate towards the calf of her choice to raise for next year’s Rodeo. After much thought, she decided to go with a Shorthorn blue roan. At first the calf’s markings were red but now they’ve all turned a blue-grey. Meet Sierra:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...