26 October 2018

cutting down a collection


Over the past 11 years I have built up quite a collection of fountain pens but I have decided to cut down my collection to only the pens that I actually use regularly. These are pretty much it for me . . . The others I have aren’t ever used so why keep them?

These represent various size nibs as well as type: regular round, stub, and fude. Inks are both water-resistant and water-soluble in my favorite colors of black, gray, sepia, brown, “burnt sienna”, light golden brown, dark blue, purple, and turquoise. There are several Lamy Safaris, a Lamy Joy, a Duke 209, a Noodler’s Konrad, 2 Noodler’s creepers, a Pilot MR retro, and 2 Kaweco Liliputs.

Some of the unused pens have been cleaned up to give away as gifts. The rest I think I’ll sketch tomorrow. Maybe I will figure out how to sell them on eBay.

And just maybe, someday, there may be room for one more fountain pen that I would love to have but can’t afford: a Pilot (Namiki) Falcon extra fine soft nib with Spencerian customization for extra flex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...