07 September 2018

walking in the fog


I have always loved fog. Its mystery, the way its moisture gently kisses my face, the way it hides the ugly and mundane of everyday life. But it’s very difficult to capture in watercolor!

Yesterday I read a devotion on Wayne Jacobsen’s blog and wished to remember these words, so I wrote them down in my journal. On a side note, my recent “foggyness” shows in that I failed to notice that I was holding my journal upside down!

I decided to attempt to paint the scene in the photo from Wayne’s blog. The distant forest disappeared in the fog more than I wanted — not strong enough pigment laid wet-in-wet. But it captures the mood I was after so I like it, upside down and all!

Wayne is a wonderful Christian author and speaker, one of two ghost writers who helped write “The Shack”. I met him several years ago in Newton, Kansas as he did a series of meetings at our missionary friend’s barn. And of course I drew him during the meetings!


9 comments:

  1. Oh that second image is so lovely, TOO. But I think you did a wonderful job with the fog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second image is full of wonderful memories! Penny Dugan and Wayne Jacobsen are both very “real”, down-to-earth believers who simply love the Lord and are good at encouraging others with their infectious joy.
      The fog is exactly what I’m feeling as we wait to see what, if anything, can be done for Bill. The cardiologists ruled out any preventative procedures; this morning he is having an echocardiogram to see if his heart can take another bypass.

      Delete
  2. I did the same thing (upside down pages) in two of my journals. I decided that I would not cover them up or try to fix them—it was good for me because I tend to be a perfectionist sometimes! It helps me get over myself! 🤣🤣🤣 Continuing to pray for a good outcome for Bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because these recent journal pages are at this time of Bill’s heart trouble, the upside down page fits perfectly! I’m glad it turned out this way as an added expression of what we are experiencing.
      As Gaye Kraeger puts it, in our journals we practice imperfection!

      Delete
  3. You did a wonderful job on the fog! I also love your upside down page (I have one as well)! Rest assured that we are continuing to pray for Bill. We appreciate your updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! for the comment and for the prayers.

      (To be honest, this is _not_ my first upside down page . . . and I’m sure it won’t be my last!)

      Delete
  4. Lovely art, as usual. Thank you for the link to Wayne Jacobsen's blog. Just the resource I needed in this time of my journey. You and your husband are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is s much wisdom to be found in Wayne’s books and on his blog! He also has a great podcast. Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...