20 September 2018

finally home . . .


Tonight we are home from the hospital, at long last! I think Bill sort of got lost in the shuffle between heart surgeons scrambling to cover the workload after Bill’s surgeon was hurt in an accident — complicated by the switch-off from his problem being a heart “plumbing” issue (supervised by a heart surgeon) to a heart “electrical” issue (requiring a special type of cardiologist).

Anyway, things finally worked out and we are home. The drive that normally takes 45 minutes took more like 1 1/2 hours! All northwest-bound lanes of our main route were shut down due to a bad accident; the detour was through an area full of schools letting out and areas we aren’t familiar with.

We were never so glad to get out of that car!

Too crazy of a day for sketching, but this is what I did in my journal yesterday as I sat on the couch in Bill’s hospital room. Every room at Scott & White has one of these tiled niches. I wasn’t sure what the purpose was; I used it as a stash for snacks and a Kindle that Bill watched movies on. Our daughter Kristen later told me it is a space to set flower arrangements patients are given.

5 comments:

  1. Didn't see this yesterday. Prayer for you guys last night. So happy to awake to this good news this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed great to know you are home. Keeping you in our hearts daily in prayer. I love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are finally back home. That must feel wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...