04 December 2017

my other early Christmas gift


Yesterday while watching a movie with Bill, I did a quick sketch of my new toy in its case.

My iPad was a third generation; new enough to run some cool apps like Paper 53 but so old there were no updates and other, newer programs no longer worked. So Bill bought me a new iPad Mini 4 with a monthly internet plan. It was given to me early so I could load everything on it, then cancel my internet service with Hughes. Accessing the internet through this tablet costs less than half of what Hughes cost and is unlimited (Hughes was metered). I love the smaller size! Fits in my bag and easier to read ebooks at night without my hands getting tired holding it. There's a night setting for the backlight to prevent eye strain --- after all, I mostly use it for reading.

3 comments:

  1. How good for you and for us, Vicky! Now you will be able to have internet constantly - I hope! - and upload all your lovely sketches :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently realized another ‘plus’ to this protective case: I can stand the iPad up as shown in the sketch to sketch from my photos! There are so many views around here that I would love to sketch but are located in unsaf areas, such as roadsides with nowhere to pull to the side to park.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...