19 September 2016

a new bag


I think I finally found a large bag that does not feel like a large bag. Big enough to carry a large sketchbook and even my iPad, yet very light-weight canvas. And lots of convenient pockets in locations that work for me.

I tried a wet-in-wet wash on this 2-page spread of my new Stillman & Birn Epsilon book, seeing how much ripple the paper might give. Apparently not very much. This is using the granulating earth palette I just put together, though I removed the mixed gray and replaced it with Daniel Smith's Lunar Blue. Still gives a feeling of black or dark gray, but a bit livelier.

3 comments:

  1. Love both the bag and the sketch. I share your joy in having found a bag that hits all the right points for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a thing about bags, and a bit particular as to their design. This one works!

    Of course, it's really an art bag; purse contents purely incidental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... purse contents purely incidental." Of course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...