06 May 2023

happy birthday, Dave!

Tomorrow is my big brother’s birthday (I really can’t wrap my head around the fact that he will be 70!). Since 2010 I have sent him cards I specially sketched for him, but this year I wasn’t sure I’d get one done because I have zero energy and zero inspiration. This was taken from an image I saw in a Google search so I take no credit for it. But I’m sure Dave won’t mind.

In my mind, Dave is a saint. Early in 2014 Bill and I retired to Texas where our kids and grandkids lived, but both of my parents still live in Kansas so it falls on my brother to see to their needs: dealing with our dad’s nursing home and financial matters, and providing transportation for Mom as she no longer drives. All of this while Dave has health challenges of his own. I owe him a lot.

2 comments:

  1. The composition and calligraphy is wonderful on this card, as is the sketch, so you had a large part in creating this beautiful greeting. Don't sell yourself short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I copied the composition and general line work from the online image; only the text was changed. But thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...