17 May 2023

a looney tunes day

For those with an overactive sense of curiosity: this is a sketch of how my chemo infusion is delivered. I have a port-a-cath placed just beneath my skin, which sort of grossed me out at first. But now, having now had two infusions through it to date, I am so grateful for it!

I have difficult veins and I think using a regular I.V. is not possible with this drug anyway. Using the port has actually been completely painless! One hour before the procedure, I apply Lidocaine cream and cover it with a bit of cling wrap to hold the cream in place. By the time the nurse is ready to establish a line, it is totally numb.

After removing the needle, the nurse covers the injection site with a Looney Tunes bandaid — which just makes me laugh! So I saved one in my journal.

2 comments:

  1. Love your sense of humor through all of this Vicki. It seems that health problems and just plain getting older requires the ability to smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sense of humor is so valuable! I have moments when I’d rather cry but that would only bring those around me down. I can’t accomplish much around here, but keeping a good attitude is something positive I can do for the family members taking such good care of me. 😊

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...