15 April 2021

good intentions . . .

 

Honestly, I truly mean it when I say that I’m going to get back into the habit of sketching every day! Or at least every other day. But it just isn’t happening . . .

I began drawing this bluebonnet on Monday from a photo taken on Sunday. Then added the background bit on Tuesday. And didn’t get around to finishing until today (Thursday!).

Between my pollen / sinus issues and Bill’s chronic pain (no, the neck surgeries did not provide permanent relief and the one pain killer that worked for him has been phased out, no longer available), neither one of us get much sleep at night. So we “just function” each day, getting what needs to be accomplished done but not much else. So perhaps I need to lighten up on my personal expectations: I’ll try to sketch every week, even if it takes 4 days to finish a simple sketch.


4 comments:

  1. It's funny how we tend to see ourselves in a negative light. You seem frustrated that you aren't sketching every day, and I've been telling myself that I need to sketch more often like you do. There are 2 things that you do that really inspire me - one is the simple sketches and commentary (like the peeled Easter egg). The other is when you create a new color scheme with your watercolor pans. I love combinations you put together. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very encouraging your words are to me — thank you!

      You are right, we do tend to see ourselves negatively rather than acknowledging our strengths. Perhaps that is just part of a sensitive artistic personality?

      My sketchbooks are like illustrated diaries capturing everyday memories. I would love to do frameable works of art, but I’ve accepted that I’m more of an illustrative sketchbook artist and that’s enough. 😊

      Delete
  2. Your lovely bluebonnet again! Whether you draw them one day or four days, love all your bluebonnets, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the Texas native wildflowers, but the bluebonnet seems to demand the most attention!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...