22 October 2020

sleepy days and paint play

 


Bill is recovering nicely from his recent spinal surgery, but neither of us are getting much sleep. Body aches, neck braces, and for me, coughing due to high dust / pollen. I have lots of ideas to sketch, just not much motivation or concentration.

But I can _always_ play with my colors! Recently I switched the colors in the Demi Palette I keep in my purse to autumn granulating colors. I tend to keep this larger Art Toolkit filled and easy to grab for “home sketching” away from my desk. So I painted out swatches of granulating paints to keep in it along with some possible additions. At first I had a square pan for mixing in this Demi but I ended up adding a couple more colors. Whenever I get around to sketching, I think I’ll just let the paints mix on the paper instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...