02 June 2019

pain relief at last!


While at church this morning, I wrote down some Bible verses from the lesson, and randomly sketched this tin of pain relieving salve from an Amazon photo. Our daughter heard about using hemp preparations for nerve pain from a friend of hers. She researched to find the one most recommended by consumer reviews, then ordered this brand, Rosita Hemp Salve, for Bill.

He has suffered chronic nerve pain (neuropathy) for 5 1/2 years, since a few months following his first bypass surgery. It seemed to get better after other surgeries but returned after a month or so, often worse than before. Steroid injections and oral medications gave no relief at all.

But the past week he has been using a very light application of this salve a couple of times a day and he’s had amazing results! Some underlying pain is still there, but not enough to keep hm from doing whatever he wants to. And he’s finally able to get some real sleep! Before, he could only manage about 2 or 3 hours total sleep per night due to pain. So thankful for some real relief!






I recently put together a mini gouache set using metal pans from Expeditionary Art and a Flip Case card holder from Wellspring. I would have added a couple more colors but ran out of the smaller pans.

I thought I’d try using gouache in my purse-sized sketchbook, using it thinned out for washes similar to watercolor and thicker when I want a more bold approach. Just playing, really . . .

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Vicky, I have seen your sketches, I am a fellow sketcher, so I really enjoy what others do too. I notice you are a Bible believer, and I am too. I made a watercolor palette in an Altoid can that goes with me. OR I sketch, then come home and w/c over it. Bless you sketching friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so nice to “meet” you, Carolynn! (I love how you spell your name!) I usually use pencil or fountain pen when sketching in church (jotting down verses or notes that I may want to spend more thought on), then add color later at home. Although, in more informal church gatherings, I have been known to pull out a waterbrush and pocket palette!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad Bill is getting real relief with the hemp salve! Chronic pain is exhausting. Your sketch is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand chronic pain better than most people. We are hopeful that this continues to work long-term, unlike things such as Capzasin HP which worked for a bit, then it didn’t.

      Delete
  3. So, so happy to hear that Bill is getting some much needed relief, which I am sure is a relief to you too. May God continue to be merciful to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! We are feeling blessed and are very thankful. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I was so happy to read this today, I am so thankful Bill is finally getting some relief and I know you are too! That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just delighted that he has relief! Sleep is such a necessity and pain makes one need even more sleep - it wears you out!!! <3 And, I’m off to Wellspring to pick up a couple of those card cases. I see that they don’t have that nasty lip like mine has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is definitely a necessity to overall health and energy!
      I found my Wellspring Flipcase card holder at our local used bookstore a few years ago; they no longer have them but I think Christian bookstores may have them.

      Delete
  6. Our daughter is an OT, and she's been telling us of the valid medicinal value of hemp and weed. She's pretty traditional, so there must be something to it. Bill is good proof if it. So glad he has found some relief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit skeptical at first but there really does seem to be some beneficial healing properties in hemp. We’re thankful!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...