03 November 2018

a new little journal


A few weeks ago, I temporarily bound various watercolor paper folios in a leather cover. The folios are held in with elastic bands; after filling the whole book, I can sew them together and add a permanent cover. Then I can fill the leather cover with new paper.

Then I saw this small leather notebook cover . . .


It is made to hold ID, credit or debit cards, and a removable notebook the size of my Field Notes sketchbook. Instead, I took the watercolor paper strips left over from the full sized leather-bound journals and made a accordion-fold journal that’s a perfect fit!


These are the full-sized journals I put together.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My lazy way of working on my own paper choices! The larger ones will still be sewn together later and I’ll probably glue a hard front and back to this accordion paper, but until then the leather is good protection.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Giving me ideas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s why we share this stuff — meant to inspire ideas for all of us! 🤗

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...