02 August 2018

time out for bears

Once again we have a grandchild turning 7 years old, so I am sewing a teddy bear. I used to make handmade jointed mohair teddy bears to sell, back in the 1980’s before mass-produced cheaply made “collectible” bears flooded the market. Now I use up my leftover supplies to make one for each grandchild when they turn seven. Because of details such as antique shoe-button eyes, these bears are not safe for very young children.
Scottie Dubh wants to help. Not safe!
 


4 comments:

  1. Your bears are adorable and will be treasured by your grandchildren! It's so nice that Scottie wants to help. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I can’t believe how many of these I once sewed, much quicker than I’m able to work now.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend!
      (Is it bad of me to be thankful that this is probably the last one?)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...