31 July 2018

a touch of springtime


Back in April, near the end of our springtime explosion of wildflowers, I began to draw this collection of the five “main stars” that were near the end of their main blooming season.

Then I began taking an on-line journaling class, during which I filled three other small journals. Before I knew it, it was June — time for the 30 watercolor sketches in 30 days challenge! And one more separate sketchbook was filled while this one was ignored except for a page here and there where I tested various colors of the watercolor palette I used for the challenge.

Just as I thought I’d get back to this Stillman & Birn Beta journal, I found myself finishing the small blue Field Notes sketchbook that stayed in my purse instead.

Now I’m finally back to this being my only sketchbook journal . . . and I came across this unfinished page. So on the last day of a very hot month of July, I am painting early wildflowers and remembering the cooler days of spring.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, love all your flower sketches! And the bluebonnets the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana! I love the wildflowers that grow abundantly here.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...