06 July 2018

copying Kate


After completing the 30 direct watercolors in 30 days challenge, I took a break from sketching for a few days while taking care of non-art related stuff. But after seeing a new video posted on YouTube by my good friend, Kate (Cathy Johnson) of her updated travel sketch kit, I played around with one of my own . . . then drew it in my long-neglected Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook.

Kate’s pen case is a different design made by the same company as mine, LIHIT Lab, Smart Fit. Mine can be found at this link, although mine is an olive color. I chose this style because it can stand up during use. It holds less than Kate’s (found here) but then I don’t usually carry as many tools as she does. I chose a larger palette because it’s longer length makes it fit the deep pockets easily, though a flatter pocket palette would also work.


The far left section, including my updates to Marc Taro Holmes’ palette, was jotted down last month during the 30/30 challenge and has nothing to do with this post.

2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful...if I didn't already have my new one I'd be tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no you don’t! No more art purchases . . . for at least a day or two! 😂

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...