07 August 2014

Mom's birthday card & a church sketch


Today is my mom's birthday. This is the card I painted for her this year. Our daughter introduced me to an incredibly detailed series of historical fiction by Diana Gabaldon and I in turn introduced my mother to them. The first book has been made into a TV series that premiers this week. Doune Castle in Scotland is standing in for Castle Leoch in the series; I thought Mom might enjoy a sketch of it.

I also did this quick sketch at church on Sunday, adding a bit of color later at home. The wife in the sketch had gorgeous hair reaching past her waist when we met them this spring; she recently had it cut to donate the hair to be made into wigs. Still gorgeous but I wish I had sketched her earlier.

We are really enjoying our church and the people there. Awesome place to worship our Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good...you're watching Outlander. I've got your Blog in my "feed" but if I don't get email reminders I sometimes forget to look there!!!! So please excuse my note on your most recent post.
    xo
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- No excuse needed! I appreciate you taking time to comment (I get very few of them) and LOVE that you are a fellow Outlander-devotee! Enjoy the show tonight!
    (I'm also loving how the show is drawing my husband in . . . . Maybe he will read the books one day.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...