19 August 2024

new journal, updated sketch kits


Recently I began a new sketchbook journal — at least the first page which shows my full Folio Palette with a few pans of gouache. This time I chose Hahnemuhle’s 100% cotton watercolor book with 120# CP paper, A6 portrait size. Then I reorganized 3 sketch kits . . .


These are what travels with me in my small purse: mini-sketchbook, Demi Palette, tiny pencil, 2 Pigma Micron pens, kneaded eraser, waterbrush, #4 travel brush, a clip to attach palette to sketchbook, paper towel, and water in a contact case (a trick learned from Katharinacreates on Instagram).


I drag this small Art Toolkit around the house for whatever I’m sketching at the moment. Currently it holds 2 Demi Palettes: a limited palette of watercolor and one of gouache. The watercolor palette is switched out for any Pocket Palette depending on mood. It contains a mechanical pencil, gray Pigma Micron, brown fountain pen, white gel pen, waterbrush, small clip, kneaded eraser, tiny turquoise fountain pen, 2 travel brushes, a mini grid card for line spacing, paper towel, and 2 palettes.

My A5 Art Toolkit is loaded for traveling: current sketchbook, Folio palette, masking pen and stick eraser for removing it, mechanical pencil, Pigma Micron pen, white gel pen, parallel fountain pen, waterbrush, paper towel, mini spray bottle, three travel brushes, a Kaweco Liliput fountain pen (not shown) water refill bottle, and collapsible water cup. Also tucked under a flap is a larger waterproof grid card that can help space lines or be clipped to an opposite page to clip paper towel and palette on. 

Fountain pens and palettes are switched out regularly, depending on which ones I currently wish to use. Or to match the season or area we might be traveling to. I prefer using Blackwing pencils so they sometimes replace the mechanical pencils. 

As to traveling plans, more in my next post . . . 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...