04 August 2024

Grandma’s snack set

When my brother and I were children, our grandmother would sometimes serve us snacks on her set of glass plates with ruby-red colored glass cups, made by Anchor Hocking in the 1950s. And we never dropped or broke a piece!

Later she gave the set to me — and sadly I lost it. When we moved from the 1913 bungalow we once lived in, we forgot to check the tiny cupboards in the kitchen near the ceiling. After all, they were only hiding some vent work, right? Wrong! Years later I remembered that these dishes had been stashed up there when I needed room for something else. For all I know, they may still be hidden up there. And I don’t know the buyer’s name anymore. That was well over 20 years ago.

I looked them up online to sketch this memory page from the photos.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever want to go on an adventure through time, you could pay a visit to your 1913 bungalow and ask about those tiny cupboards! The plates may still be there, you never know. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely dream!
      Unfortunately, the people who bought our house were a bit rude and grasping. If I had explained my forgetting them, they would probably say it came with the house and they now own them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...