03 January 2024

a muted limited palette



Yesterday I was playing around with some pans of color, putting together a more muted limited palette. The first combination I tried with Undersea Green and Neutral Tint was too dull. Switching them out for Cobalt Turquoise and Lunar Black helped brighten things up!

Making a small swatch card helped in my decision making. Inside are swatch strips of various colors that can be mixed with the two color dots in each section. (I’m especially loving quinacridone burnt scarlet mixed with cobalt turquoise! Similar to the cadmium red mixed with cerulean blue that I used to use.) This card fits in the cloth bag the Pocket Palette is carried in.



2 comments:

  1. Vicky it is always fun to play and mix different colors. I have been doing this too...quin. gold, magnesium blue and quin rose are on my charts this month. They make me think of spring and in the midst of these dark days of winter -dreaming of spring :)! Have a blessed start to your New Year. Praying you are getting better and stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The variety of pigments in my relatively small stash can be so addictive! I almost chose quin. gold for this set — it makes such luscious greens.
      Blessings for your new year as well!
      Medical tests this week show that everything went as planned and I’m having the ostomy reversal surgery in early February. This journey is almost done.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...