15 August 2023

Bill, waiting . . .

Here, I was playing with a Koh-I-Noor Magic Pencil lead refill; Bill was waiting as I received another chemo infusion (that’s my recliner at the bottom of the drawing). This time we were at M.D. Anderson’s West Houston location — so much easier to drive to than the Med Center!

Bill’s cousin Mike made this 5.6 pencil lead holder on his small lathe. I think the wood is Purple Heart. He also made me a regular sized mechanical pencil out of Bird’s Eye Maple. The button at the top of this fat pencil is pressed down to advance the lead, but it also unscrews to reveal a point-sharpener.

A very light shadow can be seen on the left page made by a Pentel Pocketbrush pen in my previous sketch. It didn’t really bleed through enough to fuss about.

2 comments:

  1. Vicki glad to see your sketches and praying you will soon be finished with your treatments. Will continue to pray for you friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 2 more chemo infusions, but then a rest, take new scans, and 5 1/2 weeks of radiation. Then a few months healing time followed by surgery to remove whatever remains of the tumor and reverse the colostomy. Still many months to go but I look forward to any progress. Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...