01 January 2022

closing 2021, new sketchbook chosen


Last day of 2021, final sketch in this Stillman & Birn journal: a watercolor travel journal from Seawhite of Brighton. This brand is new to me, having heard about it from artist John Harrison. Though it is not my favorite 100% cotton watercolor paper, it is cold-press. I had this A5 (5.8 x 8.3”) and a smaller size sitting on my shelf, purchased last year from Amazon.

The actual journal is black but I thought I would leave part in ink only, as John does in most of his sketches. Oddly, no matter how much blue I added to the color band, it photographed more green than aqua.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and Bill. I look forward to reading about and seeing your sketches in the Seawhite of Brighton journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great year yourself, Cheryl! I'm being very slow at getting started, but looking forward to trying this journal out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...