11 February 2021

a book-reading sort of day

 The weather has taken an unbelievable turn towards FRIGID! I don’t remember a time when the predicted lows in this part of Texas were as low as 11° F. At our old log cabin it is snowing for the second time this season, as well as in the north part of Austin where one of our sons lives. Weird!

Outdoor water pipes are wrapped and extra food has been given to the beasts. Now it’s time to settle down with a good book and a hot cup of tea.

BTW, this child’s high chair was used by Bill’s mother. Her mother tied a dish towel around her to keep her seated at the table.


2 comments:

  1. What a precious entry for your sketchbook! That bookcase made me think of a wooden one my Dad gave to me many years ago. I had forgotten about the hi-chairs from years back. Many Mothers tied a towel around their kids to keep them "safe" while in those chairs. My Mom did the same thing for my baby sister back in the 1960's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill is a master woodworker and has built many pieces of furniture for us, but these early pieces he made as a teen have always been special to me.
    We remember tying our own kids into this chair when we visited Bill’s grandmother!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...