06 August 2020

early morning routine


Bits of my early morning routine: greet donkeys (Tater and Tot), get them a bit of fresh hay from this storage shed, turn the goats (Wilbur, Norbert, Bentley, Mikey, Abe, Iris, and Cognac) out of their pen, top off the water trough, and give some loving attention to any goats needing it. Then feed and water Stubby, the outdoor cat, before heading inside to do the same for Bardie and Scottie, the indoor cats.




Cognac always gets the first drink, before I even have a chance to fill the trough enough to wash the previous day’s scum away.


Bentley always needs a snuggle and scratch, usually followed by Mikey and Wilbur.


After eating a few nibbles, Stubby shares Bill’s morning cup of coffee, usually demanding his lap for a few moments.

2 comments:

  1. What time do you start? This could take the entire day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂 Our daughter’s farm is very small. The donkeys call me to the back pasture, where the shed and goat pen are, at 6:30 in the morning. By 7:00 I’m heading for the house where Bill has made his coffee and brewed me some hot tea.

      The evenings are Bill’s turn — he feeds the goats, doses any that need medicine, and pens them up for the night. Evenings are when I spend more time with the donkeys with bits of carrots, trying to tame them. They came to us pretty wild and “un-peopled”; I need them to let me touch them all over and accept a halter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...