11 July 2020

face practice w/ pocket brush pen


I’ve been struggling with a commissioned sketch this week because it involves drawing people. Not something I’ve spent a lot of practice on. So Maria Cornell-Martin’s live demo on Instagram yesterday with Che Lopez was timely as they explored sketching faces (and mountains!) with Pentel’s Pocketbrush pen.

Of course, in our time zone it played while we were out running errands in the truck; at first my iPhone was able to play it but we soon drove out of a good signal. I’m so thankful Maria replays these demos on Instagram’s IGTV. She also posts her live demos on her art-toolkit.com website.

I just found out that the Pocketbrush pen also comes in sepia and grey ink, though they are currently hard to find. I just ordered a sepia one from the UK.

I’m also reading Lynne Chapman’s excellent book, Sketching People. I can use all the help I can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...