05 March 2020

copying great ideas, part 2


I’m always looking for different ways to build a watercolor travel palette. I often get ideas on cool fountain pens or sketchbooks from Larry D. Marshall so when he wrote this blog post about his skinny travel palette made from a bifocal case, I got excited! (I particularly identified with the first sentence of his post!) I looked and looked for a similar case without any success.

Then, while searching for something else entirely, I found the above tin box with hinged lid on Amazon. Long and narrow like Larry’s, it is just that wee bit wider, enabling me to keep a travel brush and bit of sponge for cleaning the brush tip inside. I cut a piece of glossy white contact paper to fit inside the lid for a mixing surface.

I also borrowed the selection of colors in this kit: Jose Naranja, who creates such amazingly detailed sketchbook pages, recently added a few new colors to his previous palette of 6 colors — I thought it would be fun to play with my own version of his new palette. His blog post can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...