16 November 2019

battle of the birds


On Friday evening we drove to Bryan __through Horrible Traffic due to Texas A & M hosting a home game in College Station on the following day__ to watch our granddaughter Jayna’s halftime performance in high school district playoffs. Jayna is not in high school quite yet but her band director wants her to play with the marching band.

It was very cold in the stands with the recent arctic front bringing winter weather to our part of Texas, but the band did great and the Needville Bluejays beat the Canyon Lake Hawks, 40 to 33.

I carried my sketchbook, a colored pencil, and a small Kaweco Liliput fountain pen in my pockets but my fingers didn’t want to play in the cold . . . So I took photos to sketch a few images when we returned home, to remember the time in my journal.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! Between a band kid and a football player, I spent 6 years fighting Friday night traffic to sit in the stands through all kinds of weather from one extreme to the other. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s fully worth the numb fingers and toes!
      With band kids, we also have great memories of State Fair trips and concerts.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...